Scott Laine named Coach for U-8 Winter Program
Coach Scott Laine comes to the U-8 Winter Sessions with years of experience as a collegiate soccer player and coach. He has run soccer clinics of various levels throughout the New England and Long Island, New York. Provided below is a list highlighting some of his soccer coaching experience.
- Assistant Coach Anna Maria College 2 years. (Most wins in a season in program history, 2009)
- Director of Goalkeeping for Holy Cross Men's Soccer Camp: 3 yrs
- Tony DiCicco SoccerPlus Goalkeeper Camp Staff Coach: 2 yrs
- Professional Trainer and clinician for the towns of Manhasset and Port Washington New York on Long Island.
- Played 4 years Plymouth State University
- ECAC Champions, Van Hartman Plymouth State University Athletic Department Award, Verizon Academic All New England
- Soccer Clinics for the towns of Southbridge, MA and Spencer, MA
- Preseason Training Camp for David Prouty High School, Spencer, MA 2 years
I grew up in Cambridge, MA and starting playing soccer at the age of six. In high school I played for four years as the starting goalkeeper for Cambridge Rindge and Latin School. I also was the goalie for the ice hockey and lacrosse teams. Additionally I played for the Mass Premier Soccer League during high school. I then played four years on the Colby College Varsity Women's soccer team from 2005-2008 where I was captain my senior year. During high school and college I coached for Cambridge Youth Soccer and Mass Premier Soccer. I also worked as a referee during that time. In 2013 I returned to Colby College as an assistant coach and goalie coach for the women's team. This past fall I coached the Middle School Girls Team in Gorham, NH.
I grew up playing soccer and played through high school and in several leagues down in Mass. after that. I started coaching with the U10 girls and now the U12 girls. We had a lot of fun last year as well as some success which we will continue to build on this year.
I have been coaching with MWVSC since 2007 starting with the Sunday Soccer Program. I have attended numerous Soccer coaching workshops and possess a Level 2 certificate from the NSCAA.
Head coach of Madison Recreation Soccer team since 2008.
We're pleased to have Mike's support. Mike is an accomplished athlete and coach. In addition to coaching the Kennett Girls Varsity team, some of his achievements include 4-time GNAC all-conference (3 first team), 3 time all-New England, Nscaa all-American, ECAC all-star, NEISL all-star, 2 time GNAC conference player of the year, and Lasell male athlete of the year (2014).