May - June 2021
20th Annual Sunday Soccer Program
We are excited to host our 20th Annual Sunday Soccer Program at Kennett Middle School.
Program Dates: Sunday, May 9, 16, 23, & June 6, 13
Thank you to sponsor Mad Cow Screenprinting for our Sunday Soccer T-shirts!
Parking - Please use the entrance to Kennett Elementary School and park in the Elementary lot (see map). Plan on arriving early because it takes some time to walk to the field.
Click here for a map of parking at Kennett Middle School Parking(PDF)
Spring Program Details:
It is the desire of Mount Washington Valley Soccer Club to continue to engage our players, parents, and communities in the game of soccer in a responsible way for this season’s Sunday Soccer. When possible, we encourage smaller group sizes and/or larger field setups to allow for the distancing of participants and observers. We will be closely monitoring COVID-19 cases in the surrounding area and if needed, we’ll adjust our operations accordingly. Updates will be posted on this site and emailed to the registered players.
Guidelines for Sunday Soccer:
- Ages 6+ need to wear a mask to the field. Once players and coaches are on the field, masks can be removed. We request parents continue to wear their masks during the session.
- We ask that all players pack their own hand sanitizer. We will also have limited hand sanitizer available at the field.
- Players should pack a dark and light shirt as pennies will not be available.
- Avoid high-fives, fist bumps and unnecessary physical contact.
- Coaches will use rings, spots or orange cones as “home base” to keep children spread out when possible.
- Coaches will be the only ones to clean up and put away equipment; ie. cones and goals.
- Parents and coaches will remind children about the importance of keeping safe distances when practicing skills.
- Practice social distancing by staying 6 feet away from others.
- Stay home when you are sick and keep your children home from soccer if they are sick.
- Please review complete COVID-19 Guidelines here.
What to pack:
- Soccer cleats
- Shin guards
- Appropriate shorts/ shirt or warmer clothes for Spring!
- Hand sanitizer
- Water bottle
Parent and Me for U-3 and U-4
Fun and positive introduction to soccer for our youngest players. Our curriculum engages youngsters with entertaining activities that promote motor skill development and cognitive ability. Parents and players participate together. Price includes size 3 soccer ball for each player to keep. Register early, maximum of 25 players.
Time: 3:15-3:45 p.m.
U-5 and U-6 Co-Ed
Helps youngsters develop a lifelong love of soccer while they learn about playing in a team environment. Our curriculum includes energetic, all inclusive games that teach basics about playing with a group. Each session ends with 15 minutes of a fun and friendly scrimmage (4v4).
Time: 3-3:45 p.m.
U-7, U-8 & U-9 Co-Ed
A great introduction to competitive soccer. Teaches advanced skills such as dribbling, passing, receiving, and shooting in a team format. All sessions end with a fun 4v4 scrimmage.
Time: 3-4 p.m.
Check out our newest program for athletes born in 2013: Pathway to Travel u8 - Co-Ed Team- This program is designed to help transition athletes from our Sunday Soccer program and our Travel Team program.
Mount Washington Valley Soccer Club is announcing signups for our Sunday Soccer program for U3 to U9. We have a coaching staff that consists of licensed soccer coaches committed to helping players develop to their full potential.
What to bring:
Appropriate shorts, shirt or warmer clothes for chilly days
MWVSC strongly believes financial hardship should not prevent players from participating in the club programs. Player/Parents are encouraged to speak confidentially with a club board member, or Kelly Gagnon. The club will work to determine a mutually beneficial solution.
The Mt. Washington Valley Soccer Club is committed toward not only developing high level players, but coaches and parents as well. It views itself primarily as an educational organization dedicated to the betterment of the game of soccer in the Mt. Washington Valley, New Hampshire, Western Maine and nationally.
WE ARE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS FOR THESE PROGRAMS.
PREREQUISITES: BE ABLE TO SMILE, LAUGH AND HAVE FUN WITH KIDS.
CLICK HERE TO BE A VOLUNTEER.
Parents are encouraged to review our Code of Conduct with their players prior to the start of each practice. We value sportsmanship and take it seriously.